Sunday 19 April 2009

Her Story:...Three weeks away

The wait always seemed endless
I’ve never wanted anything so badly
I have hoped and prayed and continued to wait
Now this dream seems like a reality
Anticipation lingers but I’m no longer uncertain
Our meeting is barely three weeks away

Three weeks suddenly feels like three minutes
My heart is racing, my chest is pounding
I’m almost there, I see the line
It’s not the finish line but still I’m scared
Scared of a new lap in the continuation of this race
The lap where he waits as though he’d take the baton
But he truly waits so we could run together
Side by side enroute this journey of our love lives

In three weeks we would meet
Not in paper to pen
Not in sms to phone
Not in blackberry to blackberry
But in person to person
In flesh and in blood
We would meet to relive this image of each other we’ve tried to revive after years
Through pictures through voices, through words
The images of each other we have beautified in our minds and embedded in our hearts
The souls of images we have aligned barely knowing if the physical would consent…

In three weeks we will find out what the physical has in store
Would it be fair on us and become the icing on the cake?
“Ex-schoolmates reunited and so in love”
Will the physical complement “Our story”?

I don’t know where this road would lead us
But in three weeks we would meet at that point
Where he has been waiting to take my hand so we could continue the race together
So we would run side by side, steadily and surely
Through the bends, crossing the hurdles, jumping the ropes
We would run, maybe slow down and even walk but we won’t relent
It would be movement at each other’s paces
We would hold hands through this one, carrying each other along
We will make this journey worth it
We will live this dream…only three weeks away.






No comments: