Tuesday 10 February 2009

A BIRTHDAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY

A BIRTHDAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY

February 7, 2009 was a Saturday but an unusual one. It was ‘Her’ birthday. The sun seems to be smiling at me today cos even as hot as it is, I ain’t even feeling the heat. The day started a lil something like this……….I woke up exited by the fact that my partner in crime will be pretty busy today. She’ll be attending to friends and well wishers, who’ll come around to felicitate with her. Having this in mind, I matched into the bathing room for a cool bath after which, I jumped into a blue Lee classic jean, polo by Ralph Lauren Tee shirt and my blue Addidas kicks. A couple of phone calls to refresh my face on a couple of minds and outta tha door I left.

It’s such a full time job loving ‘Her’ cos if my original plan was anything to go by, then her phone was supposed to announce an SMS every hour of the day. I had to hook up with R who had invited me to a wedding I wasn’t interested in. But while the party was on, my mind was somewhere else – with ‘Her’.

I didn’t hesitate to oblige when R asked if I was ready to go……………… As the cab drove us to R’s house, I punched some words on my phone to wish her a happy birthday like I had done earlier in the day………………..

Pause!

But seriously if you’ve been following this piece closely, you’ll find yourself anticipating to read the next scene, but I’m done playing around these words for now cos this piece has stayed too long than it should in my head. If ‘Her’ B’day was 7th February, why did I wait till 10th February to post it on this portal?

“Hey ma’, you’re just another step ahead to bigger things to come, you’re probably not aware of how much sunshine you beam into this brother’s life…….making me sing like…….

ooooooh……..where this babe come from? she’s the kind of chic that makes me jump on my feet…..aaah check her swag, it’s so strong…..so let’s get it on…get it on…..”

Ok reader, don’t even bother trying to figure who the author of the song or which song I’m singing cos you don’t even have a clue….yeah she’s gat that kind of hold on me… abi no be one day person dey discover hidden talent?

Ama kill - kill for this chic cos she will do anything necessary for me so why should I bother about other dem girls?.....Hey guys…..the next time you come across my boo…..plant a kiss on her on my behalf…..I wish ‘Her’ a happy Birthday and many more years ahead…….yes Boss!

1 comment:

Our Story said...

Her:Awwwww....Thanks babes!