Friday 30 January 2009

Her Story:Last Night!

It was a bright afternoon as I carried on a normal routine of my driving lessons.
I had done the usual round of different turns and manoeuvres and we headed for my place. We came towards a road that seemed unusually broad but as we approached, there was a crossroad. I had to slow down and then I came to a sudden halt. There was huge traffic sign that was flashing a continuous red light…Every car stood at the edge of the lines. It was then I noticed…All the cars were the same colour. A very bright yellow with a capital letter ‘L’ on them painted in red. I turned to look at my instructor but the look on his face gave him away. Something was wrong…My ever so positive instructor sat motionless focusing on the incident ahead…It was a Car. It was yet another yellow car spinning around uncontrollably. It spun so fast that all I could see were flashes of red in front of it…It was blurry but It wasn’t hard to tell that it was indeed another capital letter ‘L’.A learner and a driver…just like us. I watched in total shock as the instructor kept struggling to reach for the steering to no avail…Then suddenly they hit a car and headed right towards us…We didn’t move. We sat in dismay, very frightened and total shock…then BANG...I woke up!

It was another nightmare since I started my driving lessons. I thought I was doing very well, at least my instructor told me so. I drove for two hours yesterday and it didn’t seem so bad. I’d never driven that long so I guess it felt really different….Verdict: I have a phobia for driving that I must conquer this time. Well thankfully, my next lesson is not until Wednesday next week so I have enough time to recover.

As I lay in bed still Startled…I suddenly felt sick, my stomach felt weird and that feeling of nausea got me running straight to the bathroom. It came all out…I threw up everything I had eaten the day before. Not a lot I must say apart from loads of plantain chips (which is a ‘must have’ for me everyday)…I mean I couldn’t think of what I had eaten to make me feel so sick….not unless I was still reacting to the nightmare. Anyway…I came out of the bathroom feeling much better and very wide awake. I looked at the time…and it was 3am…too early to call anyone without raising an alarm or getting them worried. So I sat down in front of my ever so faithful computer…sick sad and lonely. I guess it’s the price I have to pay for choosing to study in this country and living by myself. …

I did my usual amebo on face book and did a bit of research on the internet since I’m helping a friend out with her academic report. I read His blog of yesterday again and I was flustered…Everything suddenly felt ok…I sent him a text at about 3.30am.It read… Stop snoring Jo…I slept off last night so couldn’t text you as I promised. I will be up for the next hour trying to do some work…I love you my Luvie
…I bet he didn’t have a clue that some minutes ago I was sick as hell but even ‘I’ had forgotten at that moment…I was happy just sending him a message and that smile remained until I went back to bed…

I was tired this morning but I was kinda glad that It was time to be up and about…I haven’t done much today apart from work and miss Him but I guess that’s a typical day in the life of this ‘Lonely Londoner’.

No comments: